Sunday, June 19, 2011

Calm Down, Shut up, and Quit Trippin'

Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of his pasture.
Psalm 100:3 NKJV

Back in 2002 or 2003, I received an email that made it all plain. I forwarded it, and at the beginning of each year, I would send it out again. I have not done so for a few years, but I felt the need to do it today. I have no idea who wrote it or when it first surfaced, but this is like the bible to me. UPDATE: I have learned it was written by someone named Tommy, so credit goes to him. (7/26/19) It is so plain and so simple. I, personally, have been like that for years. My bestest friends were the ones who were like me ninety percent of the time. Back then, our saying was either "Deal with it" or "Oh, well" or "It's not that serious." When this email came along, it illuminated things. Calm Down Shut Up and Quit Trippin' is what I tell and have told people. I seem to have forgotten that. Thank God for the Internet. If it is posted once, somebody somewhere has it. 

So many times we make situations more than they are due to our anxiety.

CALM DOWN! God has your life under control; He knows how to handle even the seemingly complex situation with ease.

SHUT UP! Stop having pity parties and talking about your business all the time; don't you know that the power of death and life is in the tongue! Stop speaking negative things into existence in your life and in others.

QUIT TRIPPIN'! When you look at your situations through your eyes, you often read more into the situation than what is there. It's not as bad as you think particularly if God is in your life; Stop over analyzing your life.

Be courageous

Fear is not of God. Have the courage to step out on faith and do the seemingly impossible. Start your own business; go into the ministry; apply for that promotion; anything that you've been afraid to do and you know that God has called you to do - JUST DO IT!

Have confidence

Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."
Remember, greater is He that's within you than he that's in the world. You have the power of the most High God working in you, and you have His Son steadily making intercession for you. You have nothing to worry about! Walk with your head up! You say you have low self-esteem; somebody told you that you'd never amount to anything; the devil is a liar! Know that you are somebody not because Jesus said it, but because you are a child of The King!

Walk in the VICTORY!

Romans 8:28 - "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose."
Does anything else need to be said?

The jury has been out and the verdict is in - YOU WIN!
In your finances - YOU WIN!
On your job - YOU WIN!
In your relationships (married, single, divorced, family, friends) - YOU WIN!!
In your health - YOU WIN!

God has already worked it out for you. It may not come the way you think it should come (or when you think it should), but remember - CALM DOWN, SHUT UP, AND QUIT TRIPPIN'!
He's working it out for "YOUR" good (in His time).
Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet.

Be Blessed TODAY!!

Tommy Last name still unknown

It blessed me back then, and it blesses me now. My aces might be gone, but God does have my back, and He certainly has yours. But that last part, "Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet," yeah that trips up a lot of folk. We all would pray and think that is the end of it. Nope. Now comes the lessons in patience, faith and wisdom. And sometimes new trials and new tribulations.

I have no idea where I am headed. Things that worked before are not working, but I have to have faith, and still strive forward. I have to do my part. Not each storm will fall under "Peace, be still." The storm you are in may fall under "Do You Trust Me?" Sometimes we want things to happen our way, but it never does. And especially if it is not God's way. Drop it. Let it go. If God has called you to something, do it. If you don't know, seek Him. And stand on His promises. Remember, calm down, shut up and quit trippin'!

Be encouraged and be blessed!

4 comments:

  1. Hello I LOVED THIS POST!GOD BLESS YOU AND THANK YOU! The initial author of Calm Down, Shutup and Quit Trippin' is a brother by the name of Tommy (his last name escapes me) but he would send Encouragement Daily Devotionals out as the LORD led him- the text he said came from a study of Psalm 46 😊 "Be Still and know that I am GOD..GOD IS OUR REFUGE AND STRENGTH AND EVER PRESENT HELP IN TROUBLE...he found the translation of those words Hebrew and a few other languages literally would equate to Calm Down, Shutup and Quit Trippin'.

    I Love that you send out annually and am extremely grateful to GOD for your obedience to your call/ Ministry...I needed this word today and as I was unraveling heard the SPIRIT OF GOD SAY
    CALM DOWN SHUT UP AND QUIT TRIPPIN'...I googled and .....
    GOD BLESS YOU 🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the info. Will update. Stay Encouraged!

      Delete
  2. May I repost courtesy of A. The Writer (Check out her Blog it will Bless you) and Bro. Tommy?

    ReplyDelete