Monday, December 5, 2016

Yes, God Forgives And Forgets

©Not Mine



I was reading a devotional about what forgiveness was not. One thing the book stated was forgiveness was not forgetting. I quickly agreed but I felt that it wasn't quite right.

I thought about my other posts and felt, though I mentioned Him a lot, I left out God's perspective. Yes, when we forgives others, God will forgive us our sins when we confess them. Yes, in order for us to ask, we must forgive others. Yes, God will forgive us if we confess despite whatever we have done. But I realized that I didn't mention all that God has said on the subject.

We are to be more like Christ. And by not forgiving others or forgiving but still holding it against the person is not being merciful. Yep, it's hard. Very hard. And the person who you hold in contempt continues to misbehave just makes it even harder. They even have the unmitigated gall to not care or be smug about it.

The best way to truly forgive is mimic God. He forgives and forgets. For us because we are not God, it's going to be a process. I'm on this process, too. Sometimes it will be incredibly easy, and other times, it will be incredibly hard. And it may take the rest of your life to do it. But don't give up. Keep at it. You can forgive others and forget just like God.

Here are some scriptures to know God's stance on Forgiveness.

 I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins. Isaiah 43: 25 NKJV

For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more. Jeremiah 31:34 NKJV and Hebrews 10:17

As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.   Psalm 103:12 NKJV


Be Blessed And Stay Encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment