Monday, September 5, 2011

Get Back Up

And he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest on me.


2 Corinthians 12:9


Dear Not Yet Christians, this is not for you. Well, not at this time. Come back next week or at my next posting. Or read and then calmly save this for when or if you need it. Struggling and feeling unworthy Christians, keep reading.

Get back up. Don't give up. Ignore them, and come on back. No matter what you've done or what you said, come back. 

I used to hear that all the time. My anger had not abated, and my feelings of unworthiness had escalated. I had known for quite some time what my oil was. And then one day, I met a most distressing spirit.

This spirit could not do what it wanted with me. But it most definitely was not scared of me. I had never seen something like it. And quite frankly, how I was, I shouldn't have. Those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, it didn't look like Caspar. It was not moving things telekinectically. No, it opened its mouth and had others do all the work. It looked like an incredibly lazy co-worker who wanted things her way or no way, and did everything in her power to get things her way. But those of the faith, recognize that we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:12 NKJV)

What was disturbing about what I saw was the fact that the one being manipulated by her was supposed to be this hardcore boss that you did not want to mess with. And just because it wasn't scared of me does not mean I wasn't a threat. I hadn't gotten fed up with my co-worker yet. I was appeased by a higher-up (God will use anyone to do His bidding) being on my side.

And once again, she was a going-to-church-on-Sunday Christian. But she was also disruptive and extremely manipulative. Morale was low because of her. After recognizing the force behind the human, I quickly spoke with the other Christians in the building and let them know what they were dealing with. Why? So they could set the atmosphere. I was leaving and they needed to know

What this made me realize is I did not have a lot of power and I could not ride on another's coat tails any longer. I was also sick and tired of my job situation. But to do what God had placed in my heart and align myself with churchfolk who would toss you under the bus just as quickly as a stranger, nope. Not ready. I wanted to stew some more.

I was not choosing blessings. And just because I wasn't choosing blessings does not mean I wasn't choosing anything. I was, in fact, choosing curses. Stepping away, no matter how hurt you are, will hurt you more and your rightful standing as an heir to the throne will be in jeopardy.

When I was younger, strangers would tell me their life stories. I would listen, and wondered why me? Friends would tell me their latest tales of woe, and while I did not go all fire and brimstone on them*, I would give them helpful solutions, which they would ignore.

And isn't that how we do? Choose life. Trust God. Seek Him. It seems to be the hardest thing to do. And other people will trip you up. You get tired of giving advice or helping someone and they don't listen or do their own thing. Sometimes you find yourself in a situation that you know doggone well you shouldn't be in, and now after all is said and done, you want to repent, but you just can't. Stop all that!

Repent. Come boldly before the throne of grace and repent. Trust God. See, on that same job, despite the strength of that manipulative spirit, there were Christians with power. And they peeped** me to accepting His will. Isn't that what is asked of us? Accept His will for our lives. Even though some things don't make sense, it will all work out. But we must exercise our faith. We must trust God. We must seek Him and His righteousness. Don't think you have destroyed God's love for you. He loves you no matter what. He wants you to choose His way. Don't let what others have said or done keep you knocked down. Get back up, ask for forgiveness. Forgive them, and do what God requires of you.





Be blessed and stay encouraged!


* Fire and brimstone is my slang for "God is not pleased with you, and you will find yourself in."

** peeped is slang for telling me about something.

No comments:

Post a Comment