Thursday, November 3, 2011

Scripture To Get You Through

I am not going to start like I usually do. I was reading an article bu Dorothy Beal on Blogher about the best verses to help while you run a marathon: 26.2 Bible Verses For Running Or Racing. I thought about those verses that get you through anything. My list will probably be unorthodox. 

Life

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. Psalm 118:8

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

What are those verses that help you through life?

Feeling Fat, Ugly, Round, Heavy, Bloated, Etc.

I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are your works, and that my soul knows very well. Psalm 139:14

Feeling Unworthy

Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ Philippians 1:6

Feeling Powerless

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled. 2 Corinthians 10: 4-6

I could go on, but these are just a few of what I use to help me. Are there any verses that help you deal with your doubt or negative feelings?


No comments:

Post a Comment