Friday, December 30, 2011

New Things

Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth,
Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert.
Isaiah 43:19 NKJV



A new year is upon us. And many of us are making plans. I usually don't, but I'm going to try to represent Christ more. It's a rather daunting task, but the one thing I have to remember is to not give up. It means I have to do unto others as I want done to me. It requires me to be more forgiving. And last, but certainly not least, I will need to speak the truth in love.

For years, Isaiah 43:19, and also verse 18, would come to mind. I think half of the time I resisted, and other times, I would pin all hope and faith on those two verses. I love new things. In certain things, I am more interested in the new.

We have a new year coming. I know a lot of people probably think more of the same, but it's still rather exciting to think on good things to come. And why not? Yeah, I hear you about being disappointed but what happens if it's not disappointing?

What if everything went right for you next year? How shocked you would be!

What plans are you making? I know tomorrow is not promised to anyone, but we still plan and behave as if it does. What new things are you hoping for and what things will you do for Christ?

One thing we all need to remember (probably me more than any of you) is that only the things you do for Christ will last. I want to represent Him better. What are you going to do?

God is doing new things daily, and He needs our help. If you have the time, volunteer your services at your church or a worthy organization. If you have some extra funds, consider blessing a neighbor or a charity or giving to your church's benevolent funds. Don't forget to give cheerfully. If you can't, don't give. Quiet as it's kept, you don't have to if you don't want to give. But you really should.

When you exercise your faith, and use your talents for God's kingdom, He will bless you.

Will people continue to hurt? Yeah. Will they act better toward you? Maybe, maybe not. But your focus is on God and doing what pleases Him. Is it tough? You bet your sweet bippy it is! Do it anyway. Don't worry. He has your back, and I can certainly empathize with you.

God has and still is doing new things, and we are both helper and receiver. An old year is ending and a new year draws close but we can start at anytime. Let's do that. 

Be Blessed and Stay Encouraged and Happy New Year!

(Not Christian, but certainly fits!)

No comments:

Post a Comment