Saturday, July 11, 2015

Don't Cause Others To Stumble


©stockimages @freedigitalphotos.net


But when you thus sin against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble. 
 1 Corinthians 8: 12-13 NKJV


Well, no sooner had I wrote about people taking issue with a curse word, and how they should calm down, then 1 Corinthians 8 was covered in Sunday School. I wasn’t happy about that. It probably happened a week later, if not a couple of weeks.

Now, I know it is months later, but I want to cover this before I write another post. Yes, a lot of people understood the shirt and had no problems with it. Yes, those in a huff, probably were in a huff not because the shirt caused them to sin, but because they catch a huff for anything that falls into a grey area.

But as the Word says, we must look out for another and not cause a fellow Christian to stumble and fall. Yes, though we had no issue with it, someone may have. A child sees the shirt and because another child is wearing it or a minister has it on, they may begin to curse, though they know they should not.

With all the bravado I had in the previous post, I should have realized that “a day of reckoning” was due. But as I stated, sometimes it is not that serious, but if it will cause another to stumble, then we have to refrain from it. That is why it is so tricky for ministers, teachers and pastors. You have to cover something that everyone can relate to in their own way and keep those who hear from stumbling.

We all need to be careful. We are to uplift, and not tear down. So, let’s be careful with our words and our actions. 

Stay Encouraged and Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment