Monday, October 30, 2023

Think On The Things of God

 


Sometimes the worries of the day can get you down. It can change your attitude in the blink of an eye. And despite being a follower of Christ, sometimes the worries and doubt just gets to you. Then you beat yourself up because you know that’s not how it’s supposed to be.

 

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Philippians 4:8 NKJV

 

God has provided a way out. We are told to change our way of thinking by thinking about good things. Some of you can do this easily. You think about all the good things in your past and present. And you find your mindset and attitude changes for the better.

 

Years ago, I did this and could think of good things, past and present. But there came a time, when no matter what I thought, I just couldn’t do it. No past or present good thing came to mind, despite being able to do this in the past. But I came up with a solution and I’m going to share it with you.

 

While I could not think of good things in my life, I could think of the good things of God. This is what I came up with.

 

God created the heavens and the earth (Whatever things are true)

Jesus is the Son of God (Whatever things are noble)

God is just (Whatever things are just)

Jesus is pure (Whatever things are pure)

God is lovely (Whatever things are lovely)

Jesus died for my sins (Whatever things are of good report)

 

When my thoughts turn negative, I think on these things. They are a part of my foundation in my Christian faith, so they will suffice. I am sharing with you all, in case, you too, struggle with replacing bad thoughts with good. Please use them.


Stay Encouraged and Be Blessed!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment