Monday, February 5, 2024

No Matter The Mess, Go To God

 


 

It’s hard to ask the Holy Spirit to cleanse us, because it means admitting our brokenness. Often, we’d rather hide our mistakes or try to self-help our way to Jesus. But the Gospel isn’t about pulling ourselves up to God’s level. It’s about God sending His Son down to ours.

Your past doesn’t have to paralyze you. Your mistakes do not define you. Your brokenness is not too big for the God who set the stars into motion.

Sometimes, the most faith-filled thing we can do is come to God in the middle of our mess, acknowledging that it’s too big for us to clean up.

The truth is, none of us can deep clean ourselves. Our mess is a reminder that we need a Savior, and His name is Jesus.

Pray: God, I come to You today feeling the weight of my mistakes. Remove my guilt and shame, and remind me of Your love, forgiveness, and mercy. Help me overcome any unbelief in my heart, and strengthen my faith so that I can serve You. In Jesus’ name, amen.  


~From Deep Clean: Getting Rid of Shame, Toxic Influences, and Unforgiveness Devotional on YouVersion 

 

Stay Encouraged and Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment