Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Let No One Limit You

 


We spend energy trying to love others, care for others, and tell others about Jesus. But when that energy is met with closed hearts and open hostility, we walk away and keep going.

We keep sharing God’s love. We keep doing God’s work. We keep doing what’s good.

It’s okay to limit relationships that limit you. While we are challenged to love our enemies, pray for those who persecute us (Matthew 5:44), and go the extra mile for others, we’re also encouraged not to throw our pearls to pigs—meaning that we can’t spend all of our energy on those who won’t receive our love in the first place.

So, today, consider any relationships that you might need to deep clean. Then, spend time praying about how you can set some loving boundaries.

Pray: God, thank You for Your truth. Show me any relationships in my life where I need to set boundaries, and give me the wisdom to know what those boundaries are and the courage to stick to them. Help me become a better friend to those in my circle, and show me which relationships to invest my energy in. In Jesus’ name, amen.  

 

~From Deep Clean: Getting Rid Of Shame, Toxic Influences, And Unforgiveness Devotional on YouVersion


Stay Encouraged and Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment